Stud Bolt Specification & Standard
Various ASME standards are used for stud bolts and nuts to manufacturing bolting material. List of such standard is given below.
• Diameter and Lengths of the stud and bolt are covered in ASME B16.5 & B16.47
• ASME B1.1 Unified Inch Screw Threads (Cores and Fine thread series- normally Cores thread series is used for stud used in piping)
• ASME B18.2.1 for Square and Hex Bolts and Screws
• ASME B18.2.2 Square and Hex Nuts
• ASME B18.21.1 Lock Washers
• ASME B18.22.1 Plain Washers
Grades of Stud Bolts
Below a table with materials and grades for flanges, thread rods (bolts) and nuts, arranged on design temperature, flanges, thread rods and recommended nuts.